Monday, August 16, 2010

Lost at Sea!


To test our individual logic skills and ability to cooperate within a group, we did a lost at sea survival scenario. The difference between my rankings and the Coast Guard’s was 45 and the difference between my group’s and the Coast Guard’s was 46. To come up with my rankings, I read through the entire list of objects and evaluated their usefulness and kept in mind what we needed to survive. I then ranked the most important 2 or 3 and then ranked the least important and filled in the middle.  As a group, we ranked #1 and #2 and then filled in the rest, starting with the least important. As a group, we tried to listen to what everyone had to say and weighed our decisions carefully. To get a better individual score, I could have realized that we weren’t going to be navigating anywhere and the sextant was going to be pretty much useless.  This would have helped my group’s score as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment